Thursday, March 26, 2009

Science Resource Package

I didn't feel prepared for this presentation. I felt this way mainly because I did not teach my unit. Rachel and Danelle both had the opportunity to teach their lessons and use the resources that they used. I had to find resources and I was not a hundred percent sure if they would actually work with my unit of not. I wasn't able to discuss what the students enjoyed and what worked or didn't. I really felt like I was at an unfair advantage. I know that I did the best that I could and I did a lot of research into different resources to include. But at the same time I felt like I didn't have as much to share.

My group worked really well together and we easiy agreed on what we wanted to do and how to get it done. We encouraged each other, helped each other, and bounced ideas off of one another. We had a great relationship.

I think our presentation as a whole was very successful, we treated our peers as professionals. This was important to us. So much of what we do in education we are pretending to be elementary students and this gets extremely tiring and annoying. I like learning strategies and ways to teach but it is nice being an equal some of the time.

No comments: