Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Playground wisdom



This video is a great reminder as to the simple things in life...
1. What ever you do MAKE IT FUN!
- I am having a difficult time doing this because it is such a busy semester with so much information to comprehend. I do make time to curl and do a hip hop class each week. It is a time for me to have fun and be myself. Another way that I make it fun is by talking and being around friends.
2. Practice Gratitude
- I am grateful for my friends that are going through the same experiences as me and sharing their thoughts, ideas and dilemmas. I am grateful for my dog, Scrapper, because he is there to greet me with a jump and kiss everyday when I get home, no matter what type of day I have had. I am also grateful for my family who is there for me no matter what.
3.Reach For the Stars
- I want to do the best job in my preinternship as possible. I am trying to think of new and exciting ways to make my unit come alive. I am also striving to accomplish my degrees.
4. One Step at a Time
- This is key in my life right now. I have come to accept that I can only do one thing at a time. I can't focus on the distant assignments I need to start small and go from there. At the same time it is always a concern in the back of my mind. But I'm working on it.
5. Always Play Nice
To me this means working with others and being professional. Not going behind someones back and talking about issues you may have with them. It is trying extremely hard to get along with others and work in the best interest of the children. It is working collaboratively and sharing thoughts and ideas that would and will benefit others.
6. Challenge Yourself Everyday
Think outside the box. Don't settle for the boring paper and pencil. Say my students can do it and so can I. Prove to the myself that anything is possible if I believe. The only limitations on myself are the ones that I place, so going out of my comfort zone is a huge challenge.

1 comment:

Julie Machnaik said...

Love this entry and I read it last so I'm sitting here smiling. Janine, you have the best message from yourself to yourself in #6 - "6. Challenge Yourself Everyday
Think outside the box. Don't settle for the boring paper and pencil. Say my students can do it and so can I. Prove to the myself that anything is possible if I believe. The only limitations on myself are the ones that I place, so going out of my comfort zone is a huge challenge." See... the answers do lie within...I think you just need to believe in yourself...

Julie