Sunday, February 28, 2010

New Chapter

From student to teacher and back to student again. I have finally taken on the teacher. I find myself learning more than the students I am teaching. I am also finding that a key part to succeeding in this profession is collaboration and being able to ask for help. I started teaching in January... so part way through the semester and have found it very difficult. I don't know exactly what they have learned or what they need to learn and I am having a hard time with behaviour and respect. I am trying to make it engaging but for some subjects I'm just not sure how. How do you make math interesting? How do you do learning centers for science when they break half of the equipment because they are goofing around? So many questions and so few answers. I've also resorted to reading alot of professional resources on differentiation, behaviour management, and assessment. I am also trying to do some collaborative projects through epals with other schools. I don't know exactly why I'm writing on here... put it in the open and maybe someone will have some insightful comments I guess. Thanks

No comments: